This temple was founded in 1224 on the same site as a chapel dedicated to San Lazarus. It was remodelled in the 18th century and served as a defensive stronghold in the Siege of Zaragoza before eventually being destroyed by the French. The few remaining quarters were used for storage and as a makeshift prison following the so-called "Seizure of Mendizábal". A recruiting centre was built on the site in 1940. It was demolished in 1983.