Turismo

Monuments

Plaza de Toros de la Misericordia

Plaza de Toros de la Misericordia
Location
Glorieta de Aznárez, s/n

See plan

Telephone
(+34) 93 31 79 - 976 93 31 80
Visit

Physical accessibility::

Accessible
  • Parking:YES. There are two spaces available for the disabled
  • Mobility inside the building:
    • Spacious areas: YES, corridors
    • Adapted lift: partially adapted
    • The bullring has 23 seats reserved for those with reduced mobility
    • Adapted toilets: YES

This information is supplied by the Association for the Physically Handicapped of Aragón

Chronology

1916

Style

Contemporary

Text

The first stable bullring of Zaragoza was built in the 18th century thanks to the initiative of Ramon Pignatelly, the name of Coso de la Misericordia (Arena of Mecy) referred to its link with the Royal House of Mercy, which was maintained partly thanks to the profits gained with the bull festivities. The first wooden arena was replaced with another brick and stone one in the 19th century. In 1916 the reform was made which gives it its current aspect, increasing the capacity of the bullring and equipping it with a porch and walk areas.

This is the first bullring in Spain that has a roof, fixed on the sections amd mobile over the ring. This Teflon enclosure has permitted the diversification of the bullring functions, which now holds all kinds of events.

Link

Catálogo histórico artístico

Bullring

The weather in Zaragoza

It can interest you

Out-standing video

Watch the video
Zaragoza tiene mucho genio

Zaragoza Tourism

Duration: 01.11

See more videos >>