The Chocopass is the sweetest way to discover Zaragoza. This voucher entitles the holder to enjoy 5 specialities from their choice of partner establishments, as well as the sampler offered at Piedra Monastery. A true chocolate experience!
Zaragoza and Chocolate
A chocolate-making tradition started in Zaragoza in the 16th century and since then and over the centuries it has taken root, as evidenced by the numerous chocolate shops, cake shops and companies that exist in our city, some of which were founded in the 19th century and are still up and running.
- 9 Euros per person
- This includes tasting of 5 chocolate specialities from a choice of collaborator establishments.
- Also, if you go to the Monasterio de Piedra, with the purchase of your entrance fee and presenting the chocopass, you will be able to attend a chocolate tasting.
- DID YOU KNOW THAT? The Monks of the Monasterio de Piedra were the first to taste this delicacy in the whole of Europe, after Brother Jeronimo de Aguilar sent the first cocoa with the chocolate recipe to Abbot Antonio de Alvaro.
- This explains the great chocolate tradition of the Cistercian Order and that it is one of the most special places in the world to taste it.
- Tourist Offices
- Some establishments have vouchers for sale, but not all of them.
- AMORINO ARAGONIA
Hazelnut chocolate cream
ARAGONIA - Andador Gutiérrez Mellado Avda. Juan Carlos I, 44 Zaragoza
- ARTE A BOCADOS
Fruit with three chcolates
Ossau, 4 Zaragoza
- BOMBONERA ORO
Bag of guirlachicos (chocolate-covered peanut brittle)
C/ Coso, 48 Zaragoza
Chocolate bar, several flavors.
C/ Don Jaime I, 25, Zaragoza.
- CHOCOLAT FACTORY ARAGONIA
Heart-shaped lollipop or 25 g chocolate bar (Java, Sao Thome or Grenade)
ARAGONIA - Local S29 - Planta Mercadona - Andador Gutiérrez Mellado Avda. Juan Carlos I, 44 Zaragoza
- CHOCOLATERIA PORTA
Mini chocolate with cream andtwo churros
Avenida de Goya 16/18 (entrada por Arzobispo Domenech) Zaragoza.
- CHOCOLATERÍA VALOR
Small cup of chocolate with churros
Plaza Sas, 7, Zaragoza.
- LA FAMA
Small glass of chocolate and two churros
C/ Prudencio, 25 Zaragoza
Cup of tea or infusion, choose from several chocolate varieties, and 12.5 g bar of 71% dark, vegan, organix, fair-trade chocolate
Cortes de Aragón, 47, Zaragoza.
- FANTOBA HERMANOS S.L
Frutas de Aragón (candied fruit with chocolate)
C/ Don Jaime I, 21 - Zaragoza
- HORNO SAN VALERO
80 gr bag of orange bonbon (strips of orange dipped in bonbon chocolate)
Avd Cesar Augusto 3 local 1 Zaragoza.
- LA ALACENA DE ARAGÓN
Jaysso artisanal chocolate (mint, coffee, raspberry, walnuts and raisins, raisins with rum, orante) 125 gr.
C/ Don Jaime I, 38. Zaragoza.
- MONTAL ALIMENTACIÓN, S.L
Chocolate bar reminiscent of the Torre Nueva
C/ Torrenueva, 29 Zaragoza.
- PASTELERÍA LA ARTESA
Delicia de Inaya
Tarazona, 31 - Zaragoza
- PASTELERÍA LALMOLDA
Méndez Núñez, 11 Zaragoza
- PASTELERIAS LOS MALLORQUINES
Mudejaricos (shortbread) with apricot, almond and hazelnut with chocolate
C/ Santo Dominguito Val, 1, Zaragoza
- PASTELERÍAS MANUEL SEGURA
Chocolate with saffron
Eduardo Dato, 1 Zaragoza
Antonio Saura, 2
- PASTELERÍA SORROCHE
Sugar-free chocolate bar with almonds
Doctor Ibáñez, 6 - Zaragoza
- PASTELERIAS TOLOSANA
Besos de Aragón fruit-filled bonbons
Camino de las Torres, 10
C/ Alfonso I, 6
Choice of: packet of macadamia nuts with chocolate or packet of chocolate-covered almonds and passion fruit, or cup of tea with two chocolate bars
Paseo de La Constitución, nº 6 - Zaragoza
Small bag of maraschino cherries and orange slices dipped in chocolate
Avda. César Augusto, 94 (esquina C/ Torrenueva) / C/Don Jaime I, 44 -
In addition to the establishments listed, the PIEDRA MONASTERY is also part of this offer. A special sampler is available at the monastery, where chocolate has been prepared in the monastery kitchen since the early 1530s. C/ Afueras, s/n 50210 Nuévalos (Zaragoza)