Fuendetodos has three museum areas, where we can find the traces of Francisco de Goya y Lucientes, the genius of the place.

The firsts is the birthplace, belonging to his uncle, Miguel Lucientes, the brother of his mother, where he was born on March 30, 1746 and where he lived for the first 6 years of his life.

The House was identified by Ignacio Zuloaga and a group of artists from Zaragoza in 1913. After being partially destroyed and rebuilt in 1982, it was declared to be a National Historical Monument. It was inaugurated on July 13, 1985. The house continues to conserve its full rustic and popular aspect, decorated with furniture and fittings of the epoch, together with paintings and graphic documentation.

The Engraving Museum was possible thanks to the generosity of artists who made donations and auctions of their works for the acquisition of two collections of engravings added to by engravings from the Provincial Government of Zaragoza. These are exhibited in a typical house of the Aragonese Somontano, which was recuperated in order to show the 4 original series of Goya engravings: Disparates (Follies), (Caprichos (Foibles), Desastres de la Guerra (The Disasters of War) and Tauromaquia (Bullfighting).

In his engravings and in the paintings he made of his own free will Goya shows his most creative power, with total freedom, differentiating himself from other engravers of his epoch, depicting his most intimate deals and thoughts.

The Zuloaga Room, situated beside the birthplace of Goya, is assigned exclusively to temporary exhibitions of series of art works. Works of Picasso, Miró, Gordillo, Plensa, Chillida, Arroyo, Saura, Mira, etc. have been exhibited there.

More information can be found here

The weather in Zaragoza

It can interest you

Out-standing video

Watch the video
Zgz Te quiere

Zaragoza Tourism

Duration: 01:03

See more videos >>